Exciting news Air NZ has taken out 1st place in TheDesignAir Top10 Cool Airline Brands 2015. Take a look at the feature and the airlines they have chosen as the most popular to fly with! I particularly liked the comment on Virgin America and good to know there is a good alternative in the States for my clients. For the top 10 check out the Designair link.
From the 1st of November there will be 2 new direct flights from Singapore into both Phu Quoc and Siem Reap. Quoc is tipped to become the next Phuket. In a effort to encourage travellers to consider this destination as an altrenative it has been announced that you will not require a visa to visit. It is the largest island of the south coast of Vietnam with stunning beaches and a truly untouched environment, the marine reserve means you will enjoy fantastic scuba diving and snorkelling. As a destiantion it is almost unknown in this part of the world and is exceptional value for money.
ON the note of visas the Visas for Cambodia have increased by $10.00 USD to a total of $30.00 USD and are processed on arrival.
This week has seen some exciting developments in travel. The alliance between Singapore airlines and Air NZ has been given the go ahead. This was followed quickly by the announcement from Singapore Airlines that they will start flying the worlds largest aircraft, the double decker Airbus A380 out of Auckland from Oct 27th.
What does this news means to you?
- Daily flights from Auckland on the 471 seater aircraft.
- An additional 55,000 seats during the peak season.
- The first time travellers have had the opportunity to fly form NZ to Asia one stop on the A380.
- Air NZ will take over 5 services operated by Singapore Airlines currently.
- The addition of Singapore as a stopover on an Air NZ airfare.
- 30% more capacity between the 2 airlines on the NZ-Singapore route.
- You can now add a Singapore stopover to your Europe itinerary for the 2015 season onwards.
Watch this space as this will no doubt be the first of many announcements that will ultimately give you, my clients more choice.