Air NZ & Singapore Airlines alliance approved
This week has seen some exciting developments in travel. The alliance between Singapore airlines and Air NZ has been given the go ahead. This was followed quickly by the announcement from Singapore Airlines that they will start flying the worlds largest aircraft, the double decker Airbus A380 out of Auckland from Oct 27th.
What does this news means to you?
- Daily flights from Auckland on the 471 seater aircraft.
- An additional 55,000 seats during the peak season.
- The first time travellers have had the opportunity to fly form NZ to Asia one stop on the A380.
- Air NZ will take over 5 services operated by Singapore Airlines currently.
- The addition of Singapore as a stopover on an Air NZ airfare.
- 30% more capacity between the 2 airlines on the NZ-Singapore route.
- You can now add a Singapore stopover to your Europe itinerary for the 2015 season onwards.
Watch this space as this will no doubt be the first of many announcements that will ultimately give you, my clients more choice.